Effective Date: February 1, 2022
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What Kinds of Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information We Collect
- How We Share Personal Information
- Your Access and Control Over Personal Information
- Links to Other Sites
- Do Not Track
- Rights for California Residents
- California Shine the Light
WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information when you interact with us in the course of our Services, for example, (1) when you visit and use our website, (2) when you email us or submit forms online, (3) when you call, text, or visit us, (4) when we engage you to provide you Services, or (5) when we are otherwise in communication with you.
Certain of the information we collect may be “Personal Information,” by which we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural person, device, or household, such as a name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and/or payment information. Other information directly associated with Personal Information also may be considered Personal Information. Information that is aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized may not be considered Personal Information, and publicly available information that is made available from federal, state, or local government records also may not be considered Personal Information.
The Personal Information we collect varies depending on how you interact with us.
- Individual contact and identification information, including name, email address, postal address, or phone number.
- Any other information you provide to us when you contact us that may be considered Personal Information.
Personal Information Collected Automatically When You Contact Us: We may also collect Personal Information automatically depending on how you contact us, including when you visit our website, or when you call us. For example, we may collect information such as:
- IP address, device identifier, browser information, device information, operating system, language information, URL accessed, information about your use of our website, and dates and times of activity.
- General location information, including as derived from your IP address.
- Phone number or email address that is automatically available to us when you call, text, or email us.
Personal Information Collected from Job Applicants: If you apply for a job with us, we may collect additional information in connection with your application. This may include:
- Additional contact information;
- Username and password;
- Work authorization status;
- Resume, CV, cover letter, work experience, and education information;
- Professional and work-related licenses, permits, and certifications held;
- Reference-related information; and
- Any other information that is publicly available or that you elect to provide to us (e.g., current salary, expected salary).
Such information may be collected from you directly, from your references, from a recruiter, from your prior employers, and from your places of education. We will only use this information to evaluate your candidacy, including by processing your application, assessing your qualifications, corresponding with you, and complying with legal obligations.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Respond to communications from you.
- Measure and improve our business, services, and performance.
- Perform analyses on the data and other Personal Information we have collected.
- Provide, administer, and utilize our websites.
- Prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited, or illegal activities.
- Comply with legal requirements, or assert or defend a legal claim or defense.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Fremont Macanta does not sell your Personal Information to third parties and will not sell your Personal Information to third parties. We may, at times, disclose Personal Information we collect to the following categories of third parties, for the purposes identified above, or with your consent:
- With other persons with whom you have requested that we share Personal Information, or other persons with whom you have agreed we can share such Personal Information.
- In connection with the carrying out of our business activities, including investing, managing, financing and selling investments.
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any investment activity or any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of any or all of our investments or all or a portion of our business.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (a) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce or comply with other applicable agreements or policies, (c) to protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our services, or (d) to protect us, users of our services or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- With third parties to manage aspects of your relationship with us and aspects of our business, and to effectuate the uses of Personal Information described in the “How We Use Personal Information We Collect” section above, including third party service providers who access Personal Information about you to perform services on our behalf (including for financial or security reasons).
- Third parties who may provide professional advice (for example, lawyers, bankers, accountants and/or consultants).
When sharing Personal Information with third parties, we generally require and expect that they only use or disclose your Personal Information as necessary to effectuate the purpose and uses described.
YOUR ACCESS AND CONTROL OVER PERSONAL INFORMATION
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may request to access, update, or in certain cases delete your Personal Information that we have collected, used, or disclosed. You can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at 1-646-273-1000.
We take reasonable precautions, including physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, to protect your Personal Information. We make reasonable efforts to maintain security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that Personal Information may not be accessed, disclosed, or altered by breach of our safeguards. We urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your Personal Information.
To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, you agree and acknowledge that Fremont Macanta will not be liable or responsible if any information about you is intercepted, accessed, and/or used by an unintended recipient. If you have reason to believe that the security of your communications or Personal Information has been compromised, please notify us immediately using the contact information below.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our websites may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of any other linked sites that collect Personal Information.
DO NOT TRACK
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. Our website is configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer and we do respond to Do Not Track requests. More information about “do not track” is available at www.allaboutdnt.org concerning such information.
Our website is not designed nor intended to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 13 has posted, submitted or otherwise communicated Personal Information to our website without your consent, please contact us using the information below in the “Contact” section so that we may take appropriate actions to remove the minor’s Personal Information from our systems.
We do not sell the Personal Information of any individuals, including that of children under the age of 16.
RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, California Civil Code Sections 1798.100 et seq. (CCPA), may additionally afford rights to our users who are California residents. For example, California residents may have a right, following a verifiable request, to
(1) access—twice in a twelve-month period, free of charge for the twelve-month period prior to the request—the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information Fremont Macanta has collected about such resident, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business purpose(s) for collecting the Personal Information, and the categories of third parties with whom Fremont Macanta has shared Personal Information; and
(2) delete Personal Information under certain circumstances.
Fremont Macanta further does not discriminate against our users on the basis of their exercising any of their rights afforded by the CCPA, which is further in accordance with California residents’ rights under that title. California residents also have a right under the CCPA to opt out of the sale of their Personal Information, but as stated elsewhere, we do not sell the Personal Information of any individuals.
Access and deletion requests may be made by contacting us as described in the “Your Access and Control Over Personal Information” and “Contact” sections, including by emailing us at email@example.com, or contacting us by telephone at 1-646-273-1000. We will first acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 business days after receipt of your request. We will provide a substantive response to your request within 45 calendar days after its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days or the permitted timeframe), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Only you or an authorized agent (as described below) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information.
- How to Authorize an Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to submit your verified consumer request on your behalf, only if the authorized agent has your written permission to do so and you have taken steps to verify your identity directly with us.
- How We Verify Your Request. To respond to your request under the CCPA we must verify your identity or the authority of your authorized agent to make the request. We will only use the Personal Information provided in that context to verify your identity or the authority of your authorized agent to make the request. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. To allow us to verify your request, we will require that you provide at least two pieces of Personal Information that we already have in our position, including your email address and phone number. We will verify your consumer request by comparing the information you provide to information already in our possession, and take additional steps to minimize the risk of fraud.
CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to annually request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information (if any) to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share Personal Information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.